Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) is a USDA competitive grants program that provides information to improve profitability, stewardship and quality of life.
The primary goals of sustainable agriculture include:
- Providing a more profitable farm income
- Promoting environmental stewardship, including:
- Protecting and improving soil quality
- Reducing dependence on non-renewable resources, such as fuel and synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, and
- Minimizing adverse impacts on safety, wildlife, water quality and other environmental resources
Promoting stable, prosperous farm families and communities